Thursday, June 3, 2010

Square Foot Garden 2010

This is our 2nd year with a garden, and we were very excited to get started again this year. We tried something different this time around. Last year's garden was great...but there wasn't much room for all of our veggies to grow. We have had the Square Foot Gardening book on our bookshelf for about 9 years now...and decided to finally read up on it. It is amazing how many different plants you can fit into 1 square foot. We have 3 garden beds just like the one shown below. In the first one, we have romaine, cauliflower, broccoli, stevia, rosemary, lavender, strawberries, & tomatoes. In the 2nd one we have watermelon, and squash. In the 3rd one, we have more tomatoes, peppers, and brussel sprouts. So, I thought I would share some of our cute plants with you all because I'm pretty proud that I'm actually helping to keep plants alive instead of killing them instantly which is the usual case with my flowers & decorative plants. :( They have actually grown quite a bit since I took these pictures a couple of weeks ago.

Squash
Romaine
Stevia

Marigolds
Lavender
Rosemary

Yay for gardens! Have any of you started a garden this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...