Monday, June 7, 2010

Busy Saturday!

On Saturday we had a busy, busy day! I had to work from 8:30am until 1:30pm. Paul's cousin was having a birthday party for her daughter's 1st bday, and they had a petting zoo at 12. I was so sad that I missed that portion of it, but the kids had a great time enjoying the animals. From what I remember, there was a duck, hedgehog, pot belly pigs, donkey, cow, alpaca, ferrets, sheep, goats, & rabbits. I wish I would have thought to have Paul take the camera. I would have loved to see their expressions (especially Jai's) when they visited with all of the animals. It was really nice to see Paul's side of the family though. We don't get to spend much time with them at all, so it's really nice when we are all together. Paul's sister Rita came into town with her family and I loved talking and catching up with her. We hated to miss it, but they had a party later that night to celebrate a couple of birthdays (her husband's and Paul's aunt's). Paul was catching up on his missed sleep (3rd shift)...so we missed it. :(
But, after the birthday party, we headed to Winston Salem for the India Fest. We try to go every year because it's so nice to learn about India and all of the culture. It's disappointing that they will not allow any religion to be discussed though. Although there are several religions in India...it is a MAJOR part of what India is about, and that is sad to me that it can't be shown. It's hard to understand that people would be so offended if it was a part of the festival. Oh well, such a shame. We only stayed for about 10 min. (haha) It was almost over and it was sooo hot. Jai was asleep and Gracie was anxious to have some lunch. So, I snapped a couple of pictures, and we jumped right back in the car. Whew!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...