Friday, September 10, 2010

Missing our family...

On Labor Day weekend, Paul's mom was sick again and we took care of her at our house. Luckily, Paul's sister Rita was in town, and was able to help out and be with her while she was sick and in recovery. We kind of just hung out around the house most of the weekend washing clothes, cooking meals, forcing meds on her (haha), etc. I had cabin fever by the end of the holiday weekend, but I was happy to be able to help care for her and I'm super happy that she is finally feeling better. Hopefully she will stay that way for many, many more years. :)
Paul's sister, Rita, her husband Chito, and their 2 sons moved away a few years ago to Richmond, VA. We miss them so much and are so happy when they are able to visit. I wish that we could go and visit them more, but with our busy schedule, it's hard to plan get-a-ways. :( Hopefully they will be able to move home, and we will all be able to enjoy each other more. The kiddos really enjoyed playing together over the weekend. I haven't seen my nephew, Desmond, in quite some time (the oldest)...and it was so nice to see him. He is the kindest, sweetest young man and I just love him. It's crazy how deep their voice starts to get, and he's already taller than me!?! So Crazy! And my little Christian (the youngest) is so sweet also. He stayed over with Gracie and Jai one of the nights, and he always is on his best behavior.

Rita, if you read this, you have raised your boys so wonderfully. You are a GREAT mother, and I love you very much. I know that you have had a very difficult few months, but I am glad that everything is going better! You have been very strong and I'm proud of you!

For those of you that don't know...my brother in law, Chito, was shot in an attempted robbery a few months ago in Richmond. Luckily, it was in his leg, and although it is EXTREMELY serious...it could have been a lot worse...so we are super thankful that he is ok. They never caught them, but I know in my heart...what goes around, comes around...karma, my friends!
Chito is such an awesome husband, and father. He has a great sense of humor, just like my brother Jo-Jo. They would get along great! He has been in casts for quite some time now, and the kids were able to sign it. They loved that!



This is Desmond with Jai. Jai just loves him! :)


Christian, Desmond, Jai & Gracie

Sweet! :)


I loved this one of Christian falling over...haha

We love & miss you guys! Can't wait until you visit again!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haley Genet! You are so sweet! I think that you should be a writer/photographer! Everytime you write something I CRY! I could hardy read this whole section because I was cring like a big baby! I truely am BLESSED to have you. We are all blessed, I told pauly the other day what a wonderful Wife, Mother, Daughter, Daughter-In-Law, Sister, Sister-In-Law, Aunt & FRIEND you are. We just adore you, don't you ever change. Thank you for all your love and compassion with our Mother Rita. I know that is a tough road to travel down, especially when you didn't grow up with her and know how to take her. I could never repay you for that.
    Thank you for loving us soooo much!!!! You guys are wonderful to us, you always come running when we need help! I LOVE YOU TTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...