Saturday, January 21, 2012

Finally made it to December...

I can't believe that it has taken me this long to blog our early December Annual Tree Farm trip. These days, I have added school to my already busy schedule
As you all know, we take an annual trip to 'kill' my mom and stepdad's xmas tree. ;0) I had to put that in there...haha. 
This year we found a new place, and had a blast. It was called...wait for it...Papa Goat's. Love it.
The people that owned it were so friendly, they had lots of free games and activities, free hot cocoa and marshmallows (for those that eat those), a campfire, and some cute ducklings. 



The kiddos loved playing this game. I forget the name of it, but apparently it's popular. Corn hole or something...weird name. Anyways, they played this for a bit while we waited on the next tractor to pick us up and take us up the hill to pick out the perfect tree...you know, the one that the lights from heaven shine down on. Yep, that's the one we're looking for. 









Lovely ladies! :)


...and that dapper Jai. We teased that he looked like the little bully from 'A Christmas Story'. haha. 



time to go...










...and the hunt is on.




It's hard picking a tree when there is 10 of us! My mom especially wants the most full, perfect height, moisturized, tree that she can find. We have standards, ya know!

 "This one's perfect!! Oh, it's too tall". "I found it, this one's it!! Oh, it has a big hole in the side". "Everybody come here, oh wait....it's too short". 

This went on for about an hour, it felt like.

So, Larry was getting a little aggravated. He usually gets that way on these trips. haha. We love him anyways. 


So, eventually everyone headed to the bottom to rest, and left the job to us. I found it. Yes, the one who feels as though these poor trees are murdered and then thrown out on the curb when the special event is over...was the one to find it. It's quite sad actually. 


Pooped.


So we waited for the men to cut it down, and load it up..and haul our crew back down the hill. 





They had a cute play area for the kids. 



...and they roasted marshmallows.





It was another successful 'Griswolds-esque' family tree farm adventure. Can't wait for next year! :)


2 comments:

  1. I really really cant tell you how much I appreciate you posting those wonderful pictures of me..Notice how you and me look just alike except for the wrinkles,,You Lucky dog you!!! We had a Great time, lots of wonderful memories! God made those beautiful trees so we could celebrate his Birthday!!!!!Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really nice place! I wished we could had made it. But it looks like you guys had a really good time.
    P.S, I agree with your Mom, you guys look a lot alike!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...