Tuesday, January 3, 2012

'O Krishna's Tree! :)



Time to decorate! Wow, time flies. Can't believe it's Christmas time already. We brought down the tree and all decorations from the attic, and it made me sick. Seriously, I was fine one minute...and the next I was out on the couch and my head felt like it was the size of a watermelon. Dust is no joke when it comes to my sinuses. We had planned on going to the Rural Hall parade that day, and my mom and Larry were nice enough to come and take the kiddos. I slept for a good hour to try to rest it off. Bummer!! I was a tad better that night, so we were able to decorate the tree and some of the house.






This year, my kids favorite thing to do was watch a Holiday movie and drink some hot cocoa. They did this A LOT! :)


The finished product...well almost! We had to wait for Paul to get home to put the star on the top! :)


The also wrote their Santa notes. Jai asked for tools. 


...and Grace asked for a typewriter or scrapbook. :)




I learned how to make felt roses, and made this wreath. Isn't it cute?!


...and a little peppermint wreath. It looked MUCH cuter in the magazine. Oh well...
 I also made one of buttons for my friend Allison, but I don't have a picture handy for that one. It was pretty cute!


This is the Christmas tree that I made for my mom. 


I was trying to start with some new traditions this year for the kids, but I didn't do a good job with that. It seems like everyone had a great time with the Shelf Elf. I may do that next year. I couldn't find my vintage elves this year...and that made me sad. They are around here somewhere. I really need to find them! 
Do you have any fun traditions that you do each year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...