Friday, July 30, 2010

Roller Skating...

Last Sunday was Gracie's first time roller skating. We went to a birthday party for Gracie's friend Mackenzie. She had a lot of fun! There were about 32 kids there...wow! Could you imagine throwing a birthday party with 32 kids?! Yikes. Everything went smooth though, and the party was great. By the end of the night though, I was ready to put my fist through the DJ's mouth for the music that he was playing. Totally not 8-9 year old friendly music at all!

It was so weird visiting a skating rink. I haven't been there since I was like 10 so it was pretty interesting seeing it as an adult. I know it's sad that I haven't taken Gracie there until now. You always plan to do things like that, but never seem to get around to do it until something like a birthday party happens.





I have some videos of her skating when we first got there, and some of her skating when she was completely fed up and exhausted from falling, but they won't load correctly. I felt so bad..she was in tears because her booty hurt so bad from falling. We had a good time though. In the end, her and her friends took their skates off and did some sock sliding out on the floor. I think she had more fun doing that. Haha! Practice makes perfect I suppose. :)

2 comments:

  1. I want to know what music the dj was playing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. songs about boobies and booties, humping and drinking and all that nonsense. Pretty much any radio music that I refuse to let them listen to. It's absurd the type of things said in music played on the radio...sheesh! Are there any decent role models out there for our kids?

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...