Monday, July 5, 2010

Maggie, cherry pies...and fireworks!

This is Maggie...the newest member of our family. She is a pug that we rescued from Pug Rescue of N.C. She is wonderful and is the sweetest lap dog! She is 6 years old, and seems to be enjoying us as well. :)
For the 4th of July..we were invited to my brother and his family's house for dinner and fireworks! I decided to make a cherry pie (first time ever)...and below is the result. Everyone said it tasted great! Paul has already asked me to make another so I guess that's a good sign! :)

We had a great time! I wish I wouldve taken more pictures though. I totally forgot about it until we were outside for fireworks. We had to leave early because Paul works 3rd shift and had to go..but we did get to enjoy 20 min or so of them.
(The light on Gracie's head is glasses that light up and blink)
Me (with my ghostly complexion), Gracie, and Miss Mary Catherine (my niece). :)
Jai, enjoying the show!


This is the only halfway decent shot I got of the fireworks. :( The camera was acting up and taking forever to recharge the flash. Oh well...I'm sure you all saw some nice ones!

3 comments:

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...