Sunday, November 13, 2011

Being Elmo...


The RiverRun Festival had a showing at The Stevens Center of "Being Elmo"...and I have been wanting to see it for quite some time. I was so excited about it. Originally, I had gotten tickets for Paul and I to have a little date night to go and watch it. I decided to ask Gracie if she'd like to go and take a friend with her, and she was so excited.  She had a friend come home from school with her (1st time ever) and they had a great time. They were so crazy trying to get ready for it. They were trying on all of these crazy outfits in her room, and just being goofy girls. I'm not use to all of that behavior, because like I said...this was a first for us. I work 3rd shift on the weekends, so Gracie never really has the opportunity to have little girls over for sleepovers, etc. 
On the way to the movie...it was an interesting car ride. Man, I thought the kids bop CD's were bad. Imagine having two 9 year old girls trying to out sing each other in a car. It was insane. I couldn't WAIT to get there...haha. With every song that came on, "ooo, ooo, this one is my FAVORITE!!!" Then it would start all over again and even louder than the previous song. 

So, we arrived...(whew!)



They loved the red carpet...



We had to wait about 15 minutes for the film to start. You would've thought this was 2 hours by looking at them. They were so bored, and they had just realized that "oh, this is a movie?!" Apparently, I didn't describe it well, and they thought it was going to be more of a play with people on stage entertaining them. Sheesh! 

They knew that it was 80 minutes long, and so Gracie's friend kept asking me "what time is it?" to figure out how much time was left. haha. 
Gracie enjoyed it. I knew that she would. She finds things like this interesting. I was glad that she had a good time. I hate that her friend didn't and almost felt bad for asking her to come along. I didn't mean to get her hopes up, and then crash them due to a boring film. 

HOWEVER, I loved it. It was so awesome to see how these productions are ran, and to go though Kevin Clash's (Elmo's puppeteer) life. It was an amazing story. It was VERY emotional at times, and it was awesome to see how someone can grow up and know exactly what they want to do with their life. I wish this for everyone. Personally, I have struggled with finding a passion in something. It's always a constant search for what I can do, to financially provide for my family as well as find a love for what I am doing...what I am MEANT to do! And to see someone (in their childhood) know what that is, and work so hard to achieve that is amazing in itself. It was a tearjerker. If you have the opportunity to watch it, watch it!! I promise you won't be disappointed. I know to some (like my mom) ...it seemed like a strange movie to watch. haha. It's totally worth your time. :)

Thank you RiverRun. I absolutely loved it! 


...oh, and we got some cute goodie bags when we left with some snacks inside. Score!

1 comment:

  1. imagine having a mini van full of four 14 year old girls doing the same thing!? AAAAHHH! danny, malcolm and i about died, haha :)

    and yeah, i still don't know what i want to be when i grow up. maybe we were really just meant to be mothers? yep, i think that's it. <3

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...