Monday, October 24, 2011

Life's a Beach!



On September 21st, we headed to the beach for our traditional (2nd year now...haha!) family beach trip! You may remember my blog from last year? If not, you should check it out under Sept. 2010. We had 1 house last year but this year we had 2 separate houses due to more people coming. My brother Jody and his family were able to come and they shared a house with us. My cousin Amy was supposed to stay also, but they decided to head to the Outer Banks instead. Boo!! We missed them though. 
We had an awesome time. We stayed from Wednesday until Sunday. Next year, we definitely need a week though. We battled a few rain storms each day, but we were able to manage some beach/pool time as well as some lazy time cooped up in the house. Next year, we will be hoping for more sun.

This was the home that we shared with my brother and his family...

*Every one of these pictures were taken with my cell phone. I forgot batteries for my camera. Some of the pictures are good, but some are also bad. So, I apologize in advance. :)


Best buds, Liam and Jai..


After we settled a little, we headed down to the beach. It had been raining almost the whole trip down, so we were happy that it cleared in time for us to get out and play a little. 


Gracie was so happy, she would just run around and dance in the ocean. Haha.


The whole gang (minus Liam)...and there Gracie is dancing again. :)




I look terrible here (no makeup) and beach mode...but don't my kids look cute?! :)


I LOVE this picture of Liam and Jai, even though they're not looking. 








My mom and my Aunt Teresa. I am so sad that we didn't take pictures of all of them this weekend. It was hard to even hang with them because we were in 2 separate houses on opposite sides of the campground. I think we managed one dinner with them, and a departing breakfast. 


We had to take a trip to California Pizza Kitchen. This was the only shot that I got there..haha. 


The next day, we ventured on to the pool. They have a lot of things for the kiddos to play with and they had a lot of fun even though the water was FREEZING! It's not usually that cold when we go, but the rain took a toll on the water.






Gracie became pouty a few times because she's at the age where this is kind of 'baby-ish'. She wanted to be in the big pool the whole time. 





haha. This is my husbands form of sunscreen. 


I was able to get some pretty awesome shots of the storms rolling in. 





On one of the days, we were able to sneak out before the storm rolled in...



...but as you can see, it came up fast. 










So we headed back to the room...once again.

This was one evening about an hour or so before dinner. It had been raining ALL DAY! As soon as the rain stopped, we threw on our bathing suits in record time and rushed out the door.
Paul and Jai were taking a "thunderstorm" nap...so they stayed in the room.
The kiddos had so much fun playing but the water was ROUGH. You can see all of the foam that the storm had kicked up. We didn't let them go any further than what you see in the picture.
(which in my case, my kids don't go any farther than that anyways) haha.




I think we saw 2 or 3 weddings out there, in about a 30 minute time span. I guess they had been waiting (all day) for the rain to stop too, and once it did, they all rushed out to get married. This was as close as I could get, but they were super formal with their attire. Kind of strange (in my opinion)
It was sweet though. It made me sad that their wedding had to be so rushed and chaotic though. 


We each had a golf cart. This was so  much fun last year, and this year as well. The kids love riding on the golf carts and the adults were always fighting over who would drive. Oh, maybe that was just Paul and I?! ;-)

We had sort of a train going on this evening. The campground is so big, you can just ride around for quite sometime checking everything out, and stopping for ice cream. It was fun. 


Beach Bum!







This was from the same evening that the wedding and foam were going on. :)
Sorry, some are out of order. This was a massive rainbow that I couldn't get in one shot...










I love this picture of Liam and MC 


We went outlet shopping quite a bit! They had the best sales. Paul and I went to the VANS outlet, and they had tons of shoes for 5$!!! We bought the kiddos all of these for 5$ each! So insane. They loved them. 


Gracie's face is so funny in this one..




On our last night, we took the kids to the arcade. We had a great time! They had some awesome games that gave so many tickets! I think we had like 300 or so tickets in the end. 


Gracie's favorite game, Deal or No Deal. 








On our way home, we stopped at our favorite produce stand. If you ever pass this place, STOP! It is great! We had some yummy ice cream, and stretched our legs a bit before hopping back in for our last 1 1/2 hour stretch. 




...and we loved seeing pumpkins there! :)






I think there are some more pictures that are lost at the moment. I will be sure to go back and update if I find them. :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome time at the beach!! I love the pics of Gracie dancing. She was really having a good time on the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...