Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Weekend Festivities!


We had a very busy weekend! We had a lot of things planned, and unfortunately didn't get to do everything on the list. On Saturday, my brother and his family took Gracie to the Air Show. She had a great time...although she did get a little dehydrated. From what I understand it was pretty hot out there in the sun! She recovered! Thanks for taking care of her CC & JoJo! :)




Next, we went to our good friends (Erik Stephens & Johnny Smrdel's) Grand Opening of their new clothing store, Centennial Trading Company. It looked awesome! We are so proud of them! If you live in the area, it is located at 282 E. 4th Street in Winston Salem. Check them out! 


We had then planned on attending Arts Based Elementary's 10th Anniversary! However, while at Centennial my glasses broke and I couldn't see a thing. :( We ended up going home and digging up some from our dating years. haha. So, I am now wearing ones that I can barely see out of due to old age and puppy teeth marks. Yikes! I was happy to find out that my glasses were still under warranty, so I should have some brand spankin' new ones in a few days. Woot! 

On Sunday, we went to the Stokes Stomp, which is on the Dan River. It was a lot of fun! Paul helped some friends run the Pakora booth. Yum! The kids and I went down to the river and had a little 'picnic'. A nice little boy came up and taught the kiddos how to skip rocks. They had a lot of fun doing that. The weather was awesome and we had a great time. 













They had a little kids kayak station where the kids could kayak in the river. It's very shallow there. That was such a cute idea. I don't think I've seen that done there before but I could be wrong. I think I may let Gracie do it next year. I'm sure you all are aware of how terrified I am of water with my kids...and with Paul not being there to help me juggle both of them...I didn't feel comfortable letting her do it this year. However, Liam and Mary Catherine (their cousins) came to the festival as we were leaving. Chrissy (their mom) shared some cute pictures of them doing it. From what I understand, MC fell over in hers and was soaked! haha. Poor thing. I think they had a great time though. :)



Later that afternoon, I had a football scrimmage. Yes, you read that correctly....I played football. A group of friends have started an All Girls Flag Football League and yours truly has joined the team. Yay! I turn 30 years old this weekend, and I'm going all out for it! haha. I meant to get a 'team' picture before we all left...and am just now noticing that I forgot to do that. :( 
We had a great time. 
Next week, we are heading to the beach. Stay tuned for a new blog on that! 




1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Looks like you guys had alot fun, I know we did at the air show! Can't wait for our beach trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...