Monday, September 19, 2011

If it didn't hurt, everyone would do it!


I've been training for my 10k for a while now, not nearly as hard as I should have been though. I was a little worried about how it was going to go. I traveled to Davidson, NC for it...and had to wake up at 5 to get ready in time. Yawn! It was a very quiet and lonely trip, but I was pretty pumped to knock it out. My headphones were broken, and I ordered some off of a Groupon deal from Skullcandy! They arrived on Friday, just in time. Aren't they cute? :)


This was my racing bib for the race...


...and my shoe tag (for time results). 


I am not a fan of t-shirts...but since they come with the race package, I usually get it in Paul's size so he can show off my accomplishments...haha. It ends up being more of a housework or painting shirt. 


My sweet kiddos couldn't come...but they were rooting me on from home. Thanks Gracie! :)


This was a crowd shot of the half marathon runners. (13.1 miles) They started the race 10 minutes earlier than us. The girl in the front with the sports bra (ha) and teeny shorts was a beast! She was one of the 'celebrities' of the race and is training for the Olympics. She was the first woman to cross the finish line in 1 hr 22 min time. Woah! Let me clarify this for those who aren't familiar with running and racing.

I finished my 10k (6.2 miles) in 1 hr 6 minutes. She finished her half marathon (13.1 miles) in 1 hr 22 min. What?!?! So bad a#$! 



I did it! This was my best 6 mile run ever. The weather was PERFECT. I think it was about 60 degrees! The course was beautiful with the rolling greenway. I had a lot of fun and am so happy that I checked a 10k off of my bucket list! And...I did it one day before my 30th birthday! Stoked. I feel better now than I think I ever have...and this was a HUGE accomplishment for me. Now, it's time to train for that half marathon! :)



After the race, I headed back to my mom's to celebrate my sister in law Angela's birthday! We had a fun time! Happy Birthday Angela!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...