Monday, January 10, 2011


My niece Mary Catherine turned 7 on Jan. 5th! We had her birthday party yesterday (9th)...and I was asked to make her birthday cake. I was so honored! She loves Hello Kitty. I think this is her 2nd Hello Kitty Party, right CC? Anyways, I was nervous because the last cake that I made (for my decorating class) was very dry and the icing was not very good, etc. But I was excited because I haven't made a cake or cupcakes in a month or so, and I love baking them, decorating and all that jazz. I found 2 great vegan recipes, and went to it. They were awesome! I did a carob (chocolate flavored) cake, and a Chai Tea carob cupcake topped with strawberries. I couldn't have been happier with the way they turned out, and everyone seemed to love them which made me a happy girl! 


The kids had a great time! David led them in games of Bingo which was a lot of fun! :)



The birthday girl! :)
Happy Birthday MC! 


Big Brother Liam! I loved that hair-do Liam! :)


Onto the fun part...presents! She got a lot of awesome things, including a lot of $$$ for clothes shopping. ...just what a girl loves! 




Jai is not comfortable with babies at this time in his life. He was concerned because her hands were wet (slobbery)...and he did not like it. He also said she was trying to get his sucker. Haha. 
She was such a well behaved girl and so quiet...except for when she was enjoying her cake and screaming for more. Ha! 


Cute little shirt that Uncle Bryan and Auntie Angela bought her. They couldn't be there because they were out of town...but we missed them! 


She is so adorable! 




It was a great party, and we were happy to be there...and thanks CC for asking me to make her cake! I hope you liked it! :)

1 comment:

  1. We had alot of fun! And the cake and cupcakes were awesome!! Thank you SO much!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...