Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mom's Birthday!

So, I've been a little slack on the blog lately. Everything has slowed down quite a bit since the Holidays. I guess we've just been trying to recuperate. Hopefully we will be doing some more exciting things in the near future that I will be able to share and keep you entertained. 

January 23rd was my mom's birthday. I'm sure I am not allowed to say which one she celebrated! I made her carrot cake cupcakes with a cream cheese icing. She actually found the recipe for this about 6 months or so ago while looking for vegan cakes. Ever since she made it the first time, my whole family has fallen in love. It seems like we always make it for celebrations because it is soooooo yummy! So, here they are. 




My mom loves having her picture taken...can you tell?


My brother Bryan and his family gave her some beautiful flowers. 


The kiddos blowing out the candles. 


 Jody and Jai loooooved the cupcakes! :)



...and MC! All of the kiddos did except Liam. He didn't even touch his. Is it normal for a kid to not like sweets?! 


Here are some cupcakes that I made tonight...due to a sweet craving. I did well though and only gave in to 1/2 of one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...