Friday, August 20, 2010

Last days of summer...



Last week was Gracie's last week before school started. We tried to do fun things all week...and the pool was one of them.

She was pretty bored the entire time because none of the other families that we invited could come along with us. :( She was pretty bored the entire time. She had wanted to get in the "big pool", instead of the "baby pool". I tried to explain that I couldn't manage both of them in the "big pool" because neither can swim properly and that was pretty intimidating to take on my myself. And I'm sure I don't have to remind you guys about how nervous I am with my kids in the water (over ankle deep). Haha..so that added to my stress. LUCKILY, our friend Jim & his son Ian were there, and he kindly offered to help Gracie out if we wanted to join them in the big pool. That was such a relief and Gracie was able to enjoy the day a little more. I wasnt able to get a good shot of them all swimming because we were all in the water..but we had a great time.

At all of our pools this year, the kiddos (who can't swim) have to wear a life jacket. Gracie was NOT happy about this! I was completely content with it. :)
Jai loved it! He didn't want to take it off when we were leaving. I'm happy that they take this precaution though! There were a couple of really sad stories last summer involving little ones drowning in the public pools. Hopefully this will prevent any further tragedies.






Haha...


2 comments:

  1. i don't blame you. water scares me too. maybe not to the extent that it does you, but i can't swim, so it makes me really nervous. danny and alanna always take malcolm out way farther than i'd like them to and it drives me crazy! a friend of mine from jr high just lost her 4 year old nephew in a drowning accident last week. so sad. i'm glad you are keeping your littles safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That is so terrible!
    I can't even let Jai or Gracie near the ocean..haha. Last year when we were there...we went out to the beach and there was a recovery in progress of a 13 year old boy who had drowned in the ocean. He wasn't very far at all from the shore and he got pulled in from the rip tides. It was really an emotional day for everyone there. They never found him. :(
    Then the following day there were teenage girls walking ankle deep and they got pulled in and one drowned. I think that those events are forever embedded in my mind, and I can't get past it. It's so scary!
    I really need to get both of them in swimming classes though...Gracie has had them before but needs to continue them. I think it will ease my mind if they are able to swim! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...