Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day did not start off on a good note! I work from 7pm-7am staying with a lady in her home as a CNA. Around midnight the previous night, we were called and informed that the 7am CNA was not coming in...so I ended up staying there until around 11:30. That would have been ok on a normal day...but I had planned to go and get some last minute Mother's Day shopping out of the way for my mother, sister n law's, and mother n law. (yes, I am a procrastinator!) So, I was very stressed out. I had one hour to shop, shower, dress, and be at my mom's house for a Mother's Day Cookout. But I made it! Paul (unfortunately) had to come home and sleep, since he works 3rd shift. He wasnt able to come. :( But, once we got to my mom's, we had a great time. I didnt take any pictures, and wished later that I would have. I did receive a super sweet letter from Gracie that she made at school.


My mom (and Gracie) got me a MUCH needed pedicure! I hadn't had one since my birthday of 2007 (one month before Jai was born) Yikes! But, it was great! Paul said that he wouldn't mind if I got one whenever I wanted and I thought that was sweet! I'm not one to pamper myself, so I'm not sure when I will go back but it was a great experience. I even treated myself to an eyebrow wax while I was there...haha. I also received some awesome truffles and cute card from my brother JoJo and his wife CC. :) (Thanks guys!) We had a game of softball in the backyard with the kiddos....and I think everyone really enjoyed it. This is when the camera would have been nice...seeing everyone running around bases and tagging each other was hilarious! It was a great Mother's Day. I'm so blessed to have my wonderful kiddos, husband, and my family. <3


2 comments:

  1. wow haley, it sounds like your schedules are crazy! when do you and paul have time to spend together? and where are the kids when you both work overnight like that?

    i had my very first ever pedicure in march, and wow, it was amazing! why did i never have one before that?! i am already ready for another one, haha. i'm glad you had a great day with your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! I am working 2 jobs right now..one is temporary and with the Census Bureau. It is Mon-Fri about 8am-12pm. It will end in a few weeks. I'm on call most of the time with my crew members taking questions, problems, etc. It's not too bad. Paul is usually at home sleeping at that time...and my mother watches Jai. My weekend job is 7pm-7am Sat & Sun night (my mom watches kiddos overnight). I actually get some sleep during that time..so it's not so bad. Believe it or not...we actually get to see each other a lot. He's usually up by 3 and we spend the rest of the evening together...and then he's off on Tuesday and Wednesday night. So...that's our schedule in a nut shell...haha.
    Oh my gosh...pedicures are AWESOME. I was in dire need of one, and was so happy when I got it. I love being pampered but it happens on such a rare occasion that I really really enjoy it when it does. Thanks for keeping up with our little blog...I hope it's somewhat entertaining. <3

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...