Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kitchen Renovation

For those of you that didn't know...we have been in the middle of a kitchen renovation for about 3 years...haha. Finding the time to put into it, and the funds has been challenging, but we are getting there. Paul has been working so hard to complete everything. I remember finding our dream sink at Ikea back when Jai was a couple of months old. We traveled to the Ikea that's right outside of Washington D.C. to purchase it (we didnt have an Ikea here then). Wellllll....we just installed it this week. Yay!!!! It took quite a while...but we made it. I told Paul that he would never see a girl so excited to wash dishes as I was that night. I washed them and enjoyed every minute of it. We installed granite tiles, and Paul had to build the sink cabinet because the cabinet company that we used did not have a cabinet to fit an apron style sink. He did a WONDERFUL job! I am so proud of him. We still have painting to do and our glass tile backsplash to put up as well as flooring and edging, and etc. but here is a sneak preview of our awesome little kitchen in the making.


Here is the first piece of art that I made to hang in kitchen. :)





I will be sure to post pictures of everything completed. I'm so excited to be getting to the final stage!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...