Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August Happenings.

My friend Becky was in town (she moved to Texas a few years back) visiting last week. She was supposed to stay for a week or two, but her husband arranged for the in laws to watch her 2 girls, so that she could fly out and meet him (he was on a business trip) in HAWAII!!! How lucky! So, we were able to  have dinner with them one night before she flew out. As you can tell from the picture below, she is a super mom. 
I am happy that we were able to see you, Becky! I hope you had a wonderful time in Hawaii, and have a safe trip home to Austin!  :)


Most of you know that Paul moved on to a new lead position at Time Warner. We are so excited about this because he's off of 3rd shift, doesn't have to drive 40 min. to Gboro, and a little bit of a pay raise doesn't hurt either. :0)
This is his new store. It is in Hanes Mall, and so far he seems to love it. 


We had to shop for some new comfy shoes since he is on his feet so much more now. I wanted to snap a shot of how handsome he looks in his new work wardrobe. I do a pretty good job of embarrassing my family with photo ops. haha. Sorry handsome. 



I'm so jealous of the cute little pumpkins growing on the vine at my mom's house. How awesome is that?!



We picked a ton of muscadine grapes at my mom's also. 


On Sunday, we celebrated my nephew Liam's birthday at my mom's house. He has been asking me to make him a Domo for a while...and I thought his birthday would be the best opportunity to give it to him. I just started sewing...so hopefully they will get better. I get so irritated over the little imperfections. He really seemed to like it, so that's all that matters. :)


My mom made him a cake and I decorated it like Domo for him. That cake was delicious. Thanks Mom! :)



My dad and stepmom got Liam this cool boat. What a unique gift! 


I was pretty exhausted that day...and I was half awake when he opened his presents (3rd shift is lame). I didn't get any shots of him opening his presents..but he got some awesome things. We all had a great time. 
This is a shot of all of the 'grandbabies' and they are all smiling and focused on the camera!! It is usually so hard to get this...but as they get older, it is getting easier. Yay! 
I didn't have my camera...and I took all of these with my cell phone (poor quality). Oh well. 



Happy Birthday Liam!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun! So sad we missed the celebration. Liam loves his Domo very much. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...