Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Random Things!

Yesterday we traveled to Ikea! Yes!! It had been quite a while since our last trip (approx. 6 months). We usually go about every 2, so that was a stretch for us and we enjoyed it! Paul came home from work around 8:15am and we jumped in the car right away. It's best if he keeps moving instead of resting so that he doesn't fall asleep (3rd shift is lame). He had planned on sleeping on the way up and back, but he barely got any rest. Car rides with 2 kids can be a little noisy. 
Our friend Dennis lives in Germany, and had been home (charlotte) visiting. We haven't seen him in YEARS. It's probably been 6-7 years?! Anyways, he was heading back to Germany and had time to stop by Ikea on the way to the airport to see us. It was really nice to see him, even if it was for 10 min. 
 I really should have taken a picture...it would have been nice to have here! (sorry Dennis & Paul) :(

Anyways, here is our damage! This is mild for our usual trips. Our biggest purchase was an awesome hammock! I can't wait to put it up and relax! 




Ok, I did say "random things" right?! I should have said "random and out of place". This is a picture of Jai celebrating "Pirate Week" at the YMCA. We pretty much live there these days! He was so excited to dress up and they let him visit the treasure chest for some loot! I made him an eye patch but it kept falling off. Oh well! Aarrrggh Matey! :)



On our way home from Ikea...Gracie and I went inside Concord Mills while the boys napped in the car. We were looking for some birthday ideas for Gracie, and she decided to play dress up in Claires. She cracks me up with this serious face! She loves fedora hats and these cute scarves. 
We had a good time just hanging out with the boys for a bit, but we were happy to get back to them! 


I'm getting ready for the Kville Indie Flea starting on March 26th! I needed a cute business card holder, and my stepdad made me this out of a spoon. He is so creative! I love it and it works perfectly for my cards. :)




...and my awesome friend Cyndi made me these beautiful paintings! I absolutely LOVE them! I bought some cute frames for them from Ikea...and I can't wait to hang them. I'm so lucky to have such awesome and creative people in my life. Thanks so much Cyndi! :)



Today is Gracie's 9th Birthday!! I am so proud of the sweet little girl that she has become. She is so smart, beautiful, compassionate and loving! I couldn't ask for a better daughter! I love you Munchkin! I hope that you have a wonderful day! Muah! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miss.Gracie!!! Auntie Rita LOVES you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much... Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracie has always been such a sassy lil' thing! you've always dressed her so cute and stylish! when alanna was younger, i wanted her to dress girly, and she hated it. she turned 9 a few months after we moved here, and she was such a tomboy then! like a little mini danny! you are lucky that gracie likes girly stuff, haha. happy birthday to her! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rita! She beamed when she read this! :)
    Lauren- I love that she likes girly things also. It's funny because I was never really girly at all. Some things that she likes are a little crazy though...haha. However, we are also in the process of re-doing her room and all that she wants is boyish patterns and dark colors. It was a little frustrating walking around Ikea trying to pick out things because she wanted all dark blues and greens. We finally found some awesome curtains and a rug that are a nice grey, so we will try to work some blues in with that. I'm dreading her teenage styles though. I bought her a cute scarf (like the one pictured) for her birthday and wanted to get her a little fedora but her daddy wasn't happy with either one..ha! This adventure should be fun! Thanks for the wishes! Sorry to write a book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, i know all about disagreeing over colors/prints/etc. alanna was the same way, but not as much anymore. when we moved into this new house last summer, i had all these ideas for her new room, but she wasn't interested in them at all. it ended up okay in the end. good luck mama! <3

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...