Tuesday, February 22, 2011


This Valentine's Day I wanted to do something a little different for the kiddos. I get so sick when I see all of that cheesy, ucky heart stuff and chocolates in the stores. Yuck! I wanted to make something for my little valentine's that they could have forever and cherish it more than that impersonal stuff in the stores. 
I hoped that they would like it, and I was pleasantly surprised that they LOVED them! Ever since I gave them to them, they have been carrying them around the house and sleeping with them. That makes me happy and proud that I took the time to do them. I sewed them by hand because my sewing machine was at my mom's and to be honest, I probably couldn't have even gotten the needle threaded if I did have it. Learning to use a sewing machine is on my "to do" list. 

I went to a thrift store and picked out the fuzziest most snuggly sweaters I could find. ;)



I drew a cute pattern up of a sort of bat bunny...haha. It really bothers Jai that his ear is lower on one side. That was totally intentional on my part. I like the weirdness of their shapes! :)
That was his only complaint, so that's good I suppose.





Here they are! Gracie really liked the eye on Jai's so I may do another like that for her in the future. She loves hers though because it reminds her of "Coraline"...one of her favorite movies. They were both so happy and surprised over them! 






I was so busy with them, and making everyone else's Valentine cupcakes, that I didn't have time to finish my sweetheart's gift. I'm sorry Paul! I will get to it soon, and we will celebrate a little late. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so very creative! The dolls turned out great, and they are so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I loved doing them but apparently need to work on my hand sewing skills because they're already unraveling. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...