Wednesday, March 31, 2010

On Sunday, I took the kids to the Children's Museum in Winston Salem. We have not been there at all since Jai was a baby. I carried him around in my Moby Wrap..so I know he was too small to really know what was going on. The kids had such a wonderful time. It was really hard keeping up with 2 of them (by myself)...but I managed OK. Gracie was a little irritated at times, because she wanted to do certain things, but we ended up following Jai around to where he wanted to go since his attention span is a little bit more sporadic.
I was very disappointed in the way that they have maintained the museum. It was in desperate need of new paint, a thorough cleaning, and new things. Most of the interactive toys didn't work, and the place was in total disarray. Which, of course, I know that kids can quickly destroy and UN-organize a place in record time...but we arrived around 30 min. after it opened, so I didn't expect it to be THAT out of order. Anyways, the kids had a great time, and that's what counts. So, without further delay...here are the pictures...




























I have a picture of Gracie lying in the same area when she was about 2 or 3 years old (where a wee baby slept). I will have to find it and post it soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. "carmen is for milking not climbing", hahaha!! these photos are great! it looks pretty fun in there!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...