Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy, busy...

It's so weird how you tell yourself that next week will be calmer, and you will have time to catch up on things that have been neglected including the blog, taking pictures of the kids, some orders for friends, etc...but nothing slows down. I guess this is a good thing, and a bad thing. If it were calm, I would probably just be complaining that I felt lazy. Oh well!

 Speaking of lazy...we have been enjoying the spring weather on our new hammock. Well, I have anyways. I think I pretty much steal it away from everyone when we do go out. It is quite lovely and we are happy to FINALLY have one. 




I still have to do some pictures of Gracie for her 9 year old shots. She's growing up so fast. We were bored in the car one day waiting on daddy, so we took a couple of us...


Silly girl! 



Then comes the sickness...both of my kiddos are on antibiotics. I really don't like for them to have to take antibiotics, but sometimes it's necessary I suppose. I think this is Jai's 2nd or 3rd time being on them. He had a sinus infection...and Miss Gracie had a TERRIBLE ear infection. She was completely miserable for about 3 good days. We had planned a trip to the zoo last week, and she wanted to still go so bad. I had the make the decision (stinks making mommy decisions sometimes) to skip out since she was so bad off. I knew that she really wanted to go, but it was a good thing we skipped out. Ear infections are so bad! ;(


I had to share my sweet note with you. She wrote me this on my first night back to work (since she had been sick). She made me put it in my pocket and not peek until she sent me a text (haha) that I could read  it. That made my night! :)


On Saturday, everyone was feeling much better and we went to the Earth Day Fair in WS. We go every year and it's always so much fun. They had to move it inside this year due to the weather, and it was quite crowded. I didn't get hardly any pictures and the ones that I did get were with my cell phone...bummer. Here is Jai trying to hula hoop. 



Showing off his recycling tattoo. 


On Sunday, there was a festival at the temple celebrating Lord Ramachandra's Appearance Day. 

Lord Ramachandra is an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead as the ideal king. He appeared in the Treta-yuga, more than two million years ago. Under the order of His father, Maharaja Dasaratha, Lord Ramachandra lived in the Dandakaranya forest for fourteen years, along with His wife, Sita Devi, and His younger brother, Lakshmana. After the demon Ravana kidnapped His wife, Lord Ramachandra, with the help of His faithful servant Hanuman, killed Ravana and rescued her. 



The Youth put on an EXCELLENT drama! Here is some of the Cast... 


...going over the lines...


Hanuman...


Wow...what a big crowd there was. 


Here are a few more pictures of the youth getting ready. They all did such a wonderful performance. I will do my best to post video up of it soon! Gracie gets so nervous before each play...but she does a great job and improves each time. I hope that she will continue to be a part of the drama group. 



Stay tuned for more adventures. Hopefully things will be better documented from now on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so that I know someone is out there...